December 30, 2010

My Opinion on Red Pyramid

Unsurprisingly, I finished the book Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan (which I got for Christmas) within 24 hours since I unwrapped it. I really enjoyed the book, especially the parts that contained a dash of Egyptian mythology. I guess with the combo of a really good author, Egyptian history, and mythology, the result is a book that you just can't put down. I personally have been to the Cairo airport, the pyramids at Giza, the Red Sea, and lived in Cairo for 4 months, so I can relate to the descriptions.
I was surprised that there wasn't even a sentence about the Arabians that were very important to the Nomads. The Arabian horses were carefully bred to preserve their pure blood. The foals always had a small bag filled with beads tied around their neck to keep away "evil spirits", and were raised by female camels rather than their own dams (mother horses) because the only horses that were used for warfare, were the mares. You could never find an Arabian for sale, and they were fed before their owners even ate themselves.

No comments:

Welcome and enjoy!

I welcome you to this website as I present to you cheat codes, recomendations, info, recipes, and more. I hope that you enjoy this website THANK YOU!!!!!